thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. Used to tie thoughts and even clothing together. Thin and small but can tie all lose ends up. It is useful, and undervalued. Thank you thread.

by Meaghan Murphy on 08.15.2011
  2. I like to sew. It makes me relax, witht he excpetion of putting the thread throught the little loophole. That can get a little frustrating at times but just sitting there ti sew helps calm me and be at ease for a while forgetting about…

by Wendy on 08.15.2011
  3. ill post on a thread something i never thought i would. i posted one name, directed it to you. i never thought id feel this way but in my mind i know its true, baby i know im in love with you.

by Natasha on 08.15.2011
  4. you put beads on a braided thread. you can do many things with it but thats what i would do. you can make many things with it like clothes and stuff.

by Brittany on 08.15.2011
  5. A string something you sew with
    something that ties together
    something thin and flexable
    something on a spool
    something that has many colors.

by Bunny on 08.15.2011
  6. thread may just be a long thing strands of cloth strings twisted together, but they can be put to a lot of uses. they come in vibrant colours….all the colours of the rainbow.

by Varsha on 08.15.2011
  7. fb streams our conversations as 1 continuous thread. at some point you think id learn to not put things into writing that i dont want others to read. it would be amazing if i could put my thoughts in writing but have them still remain my private thoughts. in order to keep them private i should probably post them out into the vast world wide web in a completely public thread. no one would read it or care then.

8. thread.
    thread through the eye of a needle.
    threading lies amongst the truth.
    threads hold us together.
    physically,
    metaphorically

by Tess on 08.15.2011
  9. there is a common thread that links us all together. it’s not that we’re human, that we hunger, thirst or require sleep. i think it’s music. it touches our souls. it speaks for us, dreams for us, inspires and motivate us. it bring out what we try to keep hidden. it reaches inside of us and massages the tense, the tight and the over-thought.

10. Thread a pass on a basketball court. It takes skill to put the ball in the right hands to score. To get it there inbetween defenders is to thread the ball. Much like a quarterback must do in footballl.

by J on 08.15.2011
  11. What about thread? it’s nice for weaving. I’ve been the needle and the thread weaving figure eights and circles round your head.

by lyss on 08.15.2011
  12. bead, beads go one it, to create a necklace. portrays vintage. fabrics are created by this, thread of love, like a rope. clothing material, usually seen as cream, stereotypical sorry. a thread on a blog, a post. Facebook. tumblr.

by amy on 08.15.2011
  13. thread in a bed to hold up my head when im feeling dead. someone told me that ted was dead. Oh, dread! I will miss ted with all my head.

by Savannah on 08.15.2011
  14. The thread was starting to separate. He had seconds before his fall to death. The climber quickly struggled to find a grasp upon the slippery rock. He barely got a foot ahold of a dent when the string holding his life broke. The man was saved by a tiny pebble among the gigantic surface of the mountain.

by Nolan on 08.15.2011
  15. a single thread is the start of a piece of art. it can become a beautiful tapestry mounted on your wall, or a piece of clothing. for thread, there are endless possibilities to what it can be.

by casey on 08.15.2011
  16. Thread comes in so many different colors. I like standing in the store and looking at all the shade of green or red. It’s kind of like a rainbow. I think it’s relaxing to look at all the colors at one time. I wonder if anyone ever buys all the colors to have for their own.

by Mrs. Lau on 08.15.2011
  17. Five years later, his social standing became an indefatigable pest. Ten years ago, even the most elite nobles would be pleased with a glance of his gait-now, he hung from a thread.

by on 08.15.2011
  18. a fine line, a boundary. a risk, uncertainty.

by Munib on 08.15.2011
  19. thread is used to make things. like sheets. and pillows. i love my bed.
    im actually in it right now. with all the wonderful thread that was used to construct this wonderful comfy bed. i love thread. and pillows.

by joanna on 08.15.2011
  20. to me, a thread can mean two different things. it can mean a topic on a forum (i still need to find a decent one of these) or a piece of thread i.e. cotton. I don’t really sew yet I spend a lot of time on the internet and so the first thing that comes to mind is definitely the forum one. I really want to join a forum as it gives great news and you meet new people that like the same things that you do

by kassi on 08.15.2011
  21. Your literally hanging in my life by a thread. Your not worth what you put me through anymore. Your thread will be cut soon, then you’ll be in lose again. So much for changing right? Fuck it!

22. the thread kept coming and coming as she pulled on t and wrapped it round and round her middle finger. Her sweater was unraveling fast. Making the thread seem unrealistically long and yet short at the same time. Then she woke up and laughed.

by oh god why on 08.15.2011
  23. He was hanging by a thread, hooked up to a ventilator, blind and with severe brain damage and his Mom just wanted him to be able to go peacefully. Please, dear God, let him have a natural passing without invasive and extreme measures.

by Carol Bailey Floyd on 08.15.2011
  24. Tangled in a cluster of threads, I find myself wondering and questioning one’s purpose. Which thread to follow? Which to ignore? Which is mine? Which is theirs? Escape, there is none.

25. thread. simple. complicated. thread together your life. or undo someone else’s.
    all things hang by one thread.
    just imagine.
    believe.

know.

by Morgan on 08.15.2011
  26. what is a thread? isn’t it like a string or something? I dont know. Thread. Isn’t it also like a lead. Nooo, thats trace. Lol (:

27. thread you use it to make things to tie things to color things. lifesaver. useful. creative. pattern making. ideas. rhymes with head. pretty colors. spool….i like that word.

by kirstie on 08.15.2011
  28. A thread is a topic or discussion in an online forums. Here, one is able to discuss his/her ideas and beliefs. It is easy to offend others in a thread if one is not careful. Remember: friendly arguments are more beneficial than unfriendly ones.

by Alex on 08.15.2011
  29. I love to sew with thread. Particularly red thread. No white. I love to sew with white thread and I love the way in winds and twirls. It sits on the wall above the toy box. A mess of spools. In all colors.

by Jackie on 08.15.2011
  30. thread. I knew it. It was thread. what else does it do but hold things together until they fall apart. the threading from my shoes is coming undone, most disappointingly. they were new shoes too and now it seams i have to get a new pair already.

31. Thread is as thin as a hope in the dark. Hanging by a thread, over a chasm. Untie the knot, tightrope the skyscraper. Unravel the thread. Wrapped as tightly as a fear

32. the thread that we all hang on by….what is yours? Some days mine is as thin as a spidedrs web and other days it is twine; strong and bristling against the hardships that come my way

by laurie on 08.15.2011
  33. the thread was unraveling the sweater.. rainbow colours unwinding into a pile of soft cotton puddles. A fabric puddle of colour at my feet in which to splash about in with big yellow rubber boots. A childhood game of puddle jumping indoors as my favorite sweater was lost to the sea of blue carpet. nothing lasts forever, but somethings are not meant to. I gather the yarn in my arms and prepare to create something new. Something better.

by Brianne on 08.15.2011
  34. needles sowing i love new clothes. i think shopping puts me a in a good moood if i could i woulod only buy clothes for the rest of my life. when i buy new clothes and wear them i feel good about myself. im not sure what else to wreite time is almost up i keep m,aking errors in my spellling which is dumb because im acutal

by kaley on 08.15.2011
  35. the thread that binds us. sticks us in place. holds us together, keeps us from falling apart. but what is this thread made of? is it the lightest gossamer silk? or foul and filthy cat gut? what happens when the threads that bind us, ties to family and friends, habits, and other associations start to become us?

by Brianna on 08.15.2011
  36. its realatted with forums or any other web located discussion places. maybe popular after facebook. but it can also be related with computer sciences, more particular concurrent programming where a thread is an independent process.

by joão on 08.15.2011
  37. The thread of her pants went on and on behind her as she ran as fast as she could away from him. The hole in the bottom of her pants that she never got sewn caught on the sprinkler as she ran out the front door onto the front lawn, passed the driveway, and down the street into the distance, not looking back, not for one second, not ever…

by Lea McNeil on 08.15.2011
  38. Hanging on by a thread. The question isn’t have you ever or will you ever be hanging on by a thread. It is when it happens, what is going to be your reaction? What are you going to do. Be ready to answer it.

by david on 08.15.2011
  39. thread. threading. eyebrow threading. the most painful experience I have ever had the misfortune to have. why, on this wonderful planet, would anyone choose to get hairs ripped out of their head by an invention as old as the earth itself? theres wax, to speed it up. theres tweezers, to perfect it. but no. no. it has to be the thread.

40. The thread from my blanket kept being pulled out by the dog.She loved chewing and pulling on them. The blanket was so frayed because of her chewing all day long on them.Why she likes chewing on thread I’ll never know.

by Kimberly on 08.15.2011