thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. a thread hold me here
    a thread holds you with me
    holds the world together
    one thread… one people…. one universe
    one thread.

by loserpants89 on 08.15.2011
  2. you thread a needle that will create a fate, one long line of life that may seem long, yet so short, so meaningful but so weak that it can be cut by scissors.

by Alice Chung on 08.15.2011
  3. A thread hung loose on her dress. The wool of her red locks was a mess, and though she was a doll it appeared as if she had been crying. Her girl would never know she had been, for the love they had once shared. But know her girl had grown too old, and so she sat in a dark cupboard, forgotten.

by Kate on 08.15.2011
  4. A thread resembles our lives. It doesn’t appear to be moving even if it is, however, it could be moving by at the pace of the blink of an eye. The thread contains uncountable particles that are intertwined throughout each other, often unable to be separated.

by Jades87 on 08.15.2011
  5. A thread is simply a piece of string. But in many different situations, it is much more than that. It is the baby step on the path to creating a beautiful lavish indian sari. Or more personal, it is a piece that is a part of the quilt my grandmother sews. Each thread sewn through the needle is pushed through with her sweat and love for each square that creates the much bigger picture of the quilt. The quilt I will carry with me, like my grandmother’s love, until my dying day.

by maggie on 08.15.2011
  6. The thread dangled from her dress, a distraction as it hung from the end of her skirt. The skirt flared just above her knee, the thread barely noticeable to someone not paying attention. He was though. He watched it sway with her hips as she walked down the road

by kv on 08.15.2011
  7. A thread is a part of entities such as clothing, rags, towels and more. You can also hang by a thread if you are stuck in a difficult situation and feel like your life is falling apart. Threads seem to be building blocks of life.

by Marla Osti on 08.15.2011
  8. a long thing piece of fabric or clothe spinning downwards over and over in to the never end darkness guiding a light behind it. Barely, hardly holding on. Around and around it goes Creating back an forth weaving in the dark, something beautiful and amazing and yet so simple. Colors so bleak but united becoming one long strand of wonder.

by Sherrie on 08.15.2011
  9. A thread is a chain of thought. I process of collaboration. Multiple people working togeth towards a common goal.

A thread is a stitch. A fastener. It’s a method of community that holds families, traditions, and life.

A thread is a unifier. Whether people or cloth, a thread keeps everything together.

by Bolas on 08.15.2011
  10. the thread of life was a tiny thing. it could break witht he simpliest movement yet it could be strengthened if someone added another thread. life is curious, isn’t it?

by Mae on 08.15.2011
  11. needle lines thin thick cotton colors bright fine rough silky pointed cross stitch frayed delicate eye

by kv on 08.15.2011
  12. a thread of email conversations – a thread that runs through my life – fabric sewn with a thread – thread that holds my life together which is worn and frayed in some areas i will need some more thread to reinforce the links that are weak

13. threads can be any color or texture. sometimes they are thick and frizzy but sometimes they are thin and made of silk. my favorite thread is in the blanket i sleep with every night it does not irritate the skin it is soft and comfortable

by alicia cesare on 08.15.2011
  14. So beautifully the fabric of her dress flowed as she stood on the breezy hillside. She felt the soft tendrils of grass sweep against her ankles, her freshly smoothed skin, and sighed. They were like the fabric from the earth.

15. i use thread when i am sewing but i am totally terrible at it. on e time i tried to sew a pillow for an acting scene i was doing and accidentally stabbed myself…in class. the teacher gave me a c. what a bummer. my sister goes to art school and is way better at sewing then i am. she made a light up dress for me for her college fashion show. i was her model and i remember all of the professional models were bitches. one of them left me at the hair salon we were getting ready at. that was a year ago and now i have my drivers license. if i ever go back there and run into those girls again i am going to offer them a ride then strand them there like they did to me. is that spiteful…yes. is it the right thing to do?…fuck yes!

by mary on 08.15.2011
  16. This thread spins and spins around my finger, pulling tight. I see it choke the blood from my flesh. Could I be that thread on your finger? Let me stay with you? Close to your heart? Please? Don’t snap me.

17. Sewing together clothes, skin. Ties together everything. Silk worms. Continuation. Infinity.

by Violet on 08.15.2011
  18. a small piece of string used to connect, a scrap of cloth, an idea, a stream of conscious log of memes. i see it as blue, led by a sharp shining needle along its woven path.

by Caitlin on 08.15.2011
  19. And the conversation trailed like some annoying filament from a worn out garment, until he reached out a snapped it off like a tread from a piece of clothing. Me, I’d been hoping to repair what was their. I guess some things aren’t valuable enough to be restored to him.

20. i like to needle it. find what’s out there. follow the thought. go wher it takes me. reels me back in like a spider. that’s it. read or dead

by fruity on 08.15.2011
  21. It’s a piece of fabric that weaves together to make one final product. The end result is what matters. The thread is the unsung hero of clothing! It’s also connected to the fates of mythology. Thread is more than just a material.

by Karen on 08.15.2011
  22. It’s a piece of string. Or a way of walking, carefully. I’d use the term, ‘threading on troubled waters’ to describe a hard time in my life. I’m going through a pretty hard time right now. It reminds me of kittens.. And the sea. I don’t know why.

by Vicky on 08.15.2011
  23. Thread, the more I write the more other’s will write and their will be a collective greatness of works. One thread builds on another and another and so on. Each subject written and expressed in their own way.

by Teghan on 08.15.2011
  24. a wonderful thing that allows you to sow things together it can be different colors or different sizes and you can always use your imagination to make it whatever you want it to be. I in fact love thread it is absolutely amazing I think. But something about it is absolutely amazing! It has a beautiful texture! Not only is it multi use it is wonderfully awesome.

by Alix on 08.15.2011
  25. like a thread untangling and untangling and without any hope of being returned to it’s original state, she falls, her whole life does, and she has no ideals, no grand expectations of the future, just the acceptance of the downward spiral she has gotten caught in

by Tori on 08.15.2011
  26. Thread that keeps all our cloths together is similar to our thoughts that we post on facebook. The treads can be as colorful as the thread that keeps our cloths together.

by louise dougherty on 08.15.2011
  27. The thread always spins and spins and spins. Each piece turning and twisting around itself. I wish I could run like the thread, so vintage and free. Could I please be with the thread? Tuck me under your hands and pull. Snap me with the force of love.
    And words.

by Kailtin on 08.15.2011
  28. i think about sowing and when my grandma would make clothes for me all the time. most of the time i wouldnt like what she would make for me. now that i am older i realize that what she was doing was out of love.

by Morgan on 08.15.2011
  29. a thread on the floor. white thread. from some white dress or white carpet or…sumpin. 3 dogs in the backyard but nothing is in the house. house is empty except for the thread.

30. thread is something that can show how creative someone really is. it can be used as a creative means of fixing something, like a pair of toms shoes, or it can be used in a new, unique way that no one has thought of in a piece of art. thread can be thought about in a way that has never been used before if someone would just be creative and think outside of the box.

31. I switched on the lamp and brought my work closer to my eye. I looked closely at the velveteen bunny that my mother had made me when I was a baby; looked closely at the tearing thread and the stained cloth. I remembered the 18 years it spent on my bed; moving from New Mexico to Texas when I was eight, through elementary school, junior high, high school, through relationships and tears.

32. i like to sow a lot it gives me peace, it makes me think life is as easy as a thread but we complicate it by criss crossing and making knowts and doing messes, but in the end its the beauty of it, in the end you see a whole paint in thread.

by Lucia Aldana on 08.15.2011
  33. I learned to sew from my mother. She taught me running stitch first, then the blanket stitch. Probably somewhere in our home is the appliquéd heart I never finished – I could never focus that long. I sewed a dress without a pattern this spring, though, and I guess that’s enough to compensate.

by Sarah on 08.15.2011
  34. Tracing the threads of the problem, I couldn’t help but see how it lead back to the night I lost her in the water. When the heat of the world seemed to boil the river and the sensation of misery was suffocated by the wonderment of our ecstasy.

35. the threads on the man’s shirt were hanging from him loosely. His beard was covered in what looked to be sot from a chimney. He resembled a dirty santa clause that Ms. Clause had just kicked out of their home in the north pole.

by drew on 08.15.2011
  36. pronounced like shred… love the three consonants. Very English. Makes me think of the 3 fates. I wonder how long my thread will be before it is cut. A couple of weeks ago an 18 wheeler hit me… came close to cutting my thread.

by Rebecca LaFleur on 08.15.2011
  37. I am holding on by a thread. I want to let go. But my five year old son keeps me holding on.

Sometimes, I wish I could just let go anyway.

by Tatum on 08.15.2011
  38. My sewing skills are definitely not all they should be. Sure, I have made a skirt, a zoo of teddy bears, and a couple of odd things here and there, but until I can make a prom dress and a house full of curtains, I can’t say that I am at the top of my game, can I?

by Krystal on 08.15.2011
  39. The thread of life was slowly unraveling before her eyes. She thought she could hear the beat of her heart slow.

by Samantha on 08.15.2011
  40. needle
    nonna is sewing something in the basement
    showing me how to sew on a button
    on some kind of kiddish matierial
    when i was little
    it was fun
    i felt like i accomplished something
    thread’s also used for good cosplays
    don’t go to a con with out a thread and needle
    because something might come loose or undone
    inu likes to cosplay