thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. there are threads hanging off my jacket…. there are threads hanging off my brain… everywhere I look, everyone and everything has a thread hanging of off it or them. nothing is perfect and everything is incomplete. As it all wanders through the world, the threads catch, and everything unravels……

by Alicia on 08.15.2011
  2. picking at the threads on a threadbare pair of jeans. worn and frayed and beautigul in the patterns of wear from sitting and moving and running through life. each day, a new thread woven and unwoven. each day, new and old. worn, but rough edges appearing each day. its unexplainable, that thread of life.

by someone on 08.15.2011
  3. There are so many threads in your clothing. They are everywhere. Threads can be thick or thin. Threads can connect people in an emotional way. There are threads found in clothes, spider webs, and sewing machines. You need thread in order to connect things and keep them together. Threads are essential to life. Without them, a thread will unravel and leave everyone behind. Threads of life are key.

by Katie on 08.15.2011
  4. Thread is strong yet weak. It comes in different colors, i wonder why there are different type of threads like silk or cotton. People don’t REALLY feel your thread. I hate it when thread doesnt go through a needle, it’s very frustrating and it make me feel old and blind. I wonder though how thread even started, how is it even made? I mean it’s small and like it’s a bunch of little strings together….who knows.

by Anna on 08.15.2011
  5. I think that threads are what make up clothes. They look like hair. They make up what we wear, therefore they kinda make up us. I hate loose threads. Those are one of my pet peeves. I hate having to try to get them off with my finger and wrap it around and then sometimes it doesn’t work. Then i get the scissors. Or sometimes i pick at them and it just pulls and makes them draw up the whole shirt and it’s just annoying. An that is what I think about threads.

by Hailey on 08.15.2011
  6. long piece of string. thin line.. dangerous. borders. i wonder whats on the other side. thread sounds very much like threat. fluffy ball. knit. grandma. but my grandma doesnt knits.

by Melissa on 08.15.2011
  7. The thread that tied the two together stretched and ached. It had been tested to its limits. They both hung on for dear life, waiting for the snap.

8. You are the thread that keeps us together. We’re all the thread….put together. That makes us Ohana! Tied together.
    But we’re thin and fragile by ourselves.

by Alexis on 08.15.2011
  9. The thread that holds us each together; it’s unraveling in you, right now.
    Your hopes, dreams, ideas, feelings, thoughts will come together, fall apart, and dance once more.
    You come undone to come together again.
    We are never done, never finished.
    We are unthreaded to be rethreaded.

10. the peasants had thread bare clothes, they could not do anything about it was just parts of their lives. Along with the dust and the hunger. But they were happy, they were happy just to exist.

by Hannah on 08.15.2011
  11. look at the threads around me
    the surrnound my every being.
    when i am awake
    when i am asleep.
    they are woven together as if every moment in my life has touched me
    things werent together before.
    i started one once, but then it was torn.
    torn through the robust remarks taken at me

by leon mckinze on 08.15.2011
  12. My thread is running low
    It’s already getting thin
    My mind can’t think this slow
    And my confession is filled with sin
    This thread is unravelling
    it’s beginning to reveal
    All the secrets i’ve kept inside
    everything that’s made me real
    No thought left behind
    For this thread has unwind..ed
    Yes, this thread is getting thin
    but not as thin as your mind
    Hold onto this thread
    As I lay my thread to rest in bed
    This thread feels as if it’s more than sixty seconds
    This is a trick I reckon
    I’m beginning to feel a little uneasy
    This is what causes the trust issues
    between me, you, and sleazy
    Yeah, fucking more than 60 seconds, assholes.
    Played me and I didn’t know we were playing roles
    Yet, I continue to act out this thread
    And make you satisfied in your head
    I bought into this hype
    I fell into this thread set trap
    And I’m not the foolish type
    To hell with this crap ..I did this and it never ended. So i had to open another tab and share hahaha

by Michelle on 08.15.2011
  13. Holding on by a thread, I do the best i can.

14. thread. this is what i use to sew beautiful things. it makes me feel creative, excited. but also, nervous, anxious. i love the creative energy i feel, but am so afraid that anything i make will never match my high expectations. i want more than anything to design and sell clothes, but i’m not sure i’ll ever conquer the challenge. one little spool of thread. evokes it all.

by sarah on 08.15.2011
  15. The thread glides through the needle. It makes a swish noise. It becomes something beautiful. A quilt that a grandmother made. A quilt made for her grandchild.

by Des on 08.15.2011
  16. The thread was ever so enticing. All red and whatnot. I wanted it. I wanted to cut it… so I did. It bit me. I bled. Red.

by Britney on 08.15.2011
  17. is this the word of the day or something?! i think so.

He looked down at his shirt and picked on the bit of string that hung from it. She walked in and he jerked his head, looking up at her curiously. She smiled, picking up a book and walked back out.

18. the thread is coming out of my dress. i dont know what to do about it. i pull the thread and twist it around my thumb the pain makes my thumb purple and red. the thread is so long somebody has now stepped on it and i trip. STUPID THREAD has fucked me over. threads are annoying.

by caro on 08.15.2011
  19. i already wrote about thread >.<

20. A thread is continuity. It’s life , it’s there. Just cut it. It deserves to be cut. Follow it, you don’t know where it may lead, it deserves to be followed. It goes on, and on. Don’t get tangled though, it’s easy. Keep it straight and run it through.

by Paula on 08.15.2011
  21. A string that you can sew with and put through a needle, thread’s are in clothes and in linens. Any kind of cloth is made by threads from a sewing machine. learning to sew with a thread and needle is very hard because you have to be really precise.

by ashley on 08.15.2011
  22. threads are like a string. they stretch long and far. all kinds of colors. make clothes and sheets.

by Dustin on 08.15.2011
  23. clothes
    outfits
    vanessa
    fashion
    india
    school
    little kids
    eloina
    mom
    shirts
    skirts
    dresses
    design
    patterns
    texture
    prints
    colors
    class

by ana on 08.15.2011
  24. diversity, love,

by jesus on 08.15.2011
  25. The thread of the conversation was lost on me. I didn’t know the language well enough yet to grasp a conversation half way through, to tie the pieces of the not said or heard to the words heard or understood.

26. im the needle youre the thread
    get inside me baby

by patty dwyer on 08.15.2011
  27. It holds our clothing together. Thread comes in many different colors and it in conjunction with sewing. Threads can be woven into fabrics. To thread means to put together in a sense. It is vital to everyday life.

by Brandi Barker on 08.15.2011
  28. time needle fabric line going going going gone on the horizon sewing twisting looping knotting pulling like hair through cloth through fingers. movement. swish. stab and a pull. color

by Emily Davidosn on 08.15.2011
  29. Thread is what is used to make fabrics with. With thread we can make anything; clothes, blankets, etc. I’ve always wonder how it was made, but I really hate it when it unravels on my sweaters!!

by Oshiee on 08.15.2011
  30. making quilts with grandma. sewing my own clothes. design. fixing. house wife. thimbles. old, vintage designs. lace. I want to make my own clothes with old but cute vintage designs that have a classy and mature yet fun and playful and cute.

by Jacquie on 08.15.2011
  31. There was a thread that I owned. It was the most beautiful thread. It was given to me by a man named George. He gave it to me with the warmest of smiles and the most loving eyes. I love that thread like I love that man.

by Kristi on 08.15.2011
  32. What I am writing now is in itself a thread. A thread from a word to the inner workings of my psyche, and thus my personal neuroses.

by Ryan Shaw on 08.15.2011
  33. I think about threads and I feel like I am going to go and write on my thread. The thread that I always use to post my movie reviews movieforums.com and I know there are other types of thread but I think of threads as in forums in internet threads.

by Alex Wagner on 08.15.2011
  34. thread is so pretty it makes blankets and reminds me of yarn or rainbows. I also think of grandmas knitting or even colorful fabrics or maybe just life threaded together by strings of events all connected in some way. Or maybe hanging by a thread as to how vulnerable our lives can be.

by Crystal on 08.15.2011
  35. El hilo se fue destejiendo con cada paso que daba y la bata azul se convertía en un bulto en el suelo. Sabía, desde que abrió la puerta, que la desnudez era destino.

by Eduardo Perezchica on 08.15.2011
  36. “Sometimes, I try to follow the thread of my life in the fabric of another. Any other. It’s hard, you know, remembering where we’ve been, trying to figure out where we’ll be,” David thought aloud to his new girlfriend.
    “Hm. What kind of fabric is it usually? Silk? Cotton?”
    He paused, “What are potato sacks made of?”

37. The thread bobbed up and down, her face serenely smiling softly at the shirt she was sewing for her husband. She put the last stitch on, and held up the shirt to her face and smiled at it. It was the best she could do. She put the thread to the side and smiled.

by Saiko on 08.15.2011
  38. Unraveling the loose thread on your shirt could lead to a complete mess, a ball of string. Its better to just leave the dangling piece of fiber and go on with your life. Don’t worry about it being tugged and don’t be scared to just… Live your life.

by Virginia on 08.15.2011
  39. The thread was long and red. I love thread because it’s soft. I use thread everyday to make clothes. Sometimes the thread sounded like trend. I wished I had more thread. How I love to have a lifetime supply of thread.

by Vingie on 08.15.2011
  40. a piece of thread is like a line all straight and ready to end at one point or another kind of representing life in a way… and each comes with their own color like you know how unique ever thread is no matter of what it is.

by daniela gil on 08.15.2011