thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. There is only one thread connecting you and I. How strong this thread may be, I don’t know. But I’m terrified to pull in the other direction, even a little. Or that you will, breaking the only thing we have left between us. I would just miss you too much.

by Brittany on 08.16.2011
  2. I spent 4 straight hours writing blog posts for my stupid AP Lang class. They consisted of threads of young adults using big words and writing without understanding. Shit happens.

by JCREW on 08.16.2011
  3. I pulled a thread off of my sweater, it was pink. I realized how long I had this sweater and never really appreciated everything that had to go into making it, and getting it to me. I had gotten it from my boyfriend before he died, he was my best friend and this sweater meant everything to me but now, after four years, it was falling apart , like my life lately.

by Ashley Root on 08.16.2011
  4. something that holds people together. The glue that connects us all invisibly. has the potential for beauty and loviness in many forms.

by Brittany Smith on 08.16.2011
  5. THREAD MAKES CLOTHES. I AM SO BRAIN DEAD RIGHT NOW. WHY AM I AWAKE? BECAUSE I LOVE THE INTERNET, THAT’S WHY.

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH”

That was obnoxious. I’m sorry.

6. A thread is beautiful. It links two things, it links other threads, it is a tiny bridge between two separate entities. A thread can be literal or figurative, but a thread unites.

by Shani on 08.16.2011
  7. a thread of spool coiled round and round. weaving sewing spinned and knitted. tangled and knotted an end tied to one, the other to another bring two together, tied as one

8. I thead a lead, a place to go. The old sweater that makes weezer naked. The best lethargy song. I the red, to read, the seed indeed. I found my home to find a place in mind the need is there in three’s

A small link to a larger thing, it slowly unravels. I find my time fascinated with such a mundane thing. So common and regular, like the passing of time on the human body. we slowly thread apart.

by Nigel on 08.16.2011
  9. A single thread can be very important. When used in stitches by the doctor, it saves lives. A thread holds together all our garments.

by Abu on 08.16.2011
  10. the threads of the lives of the millions of souls of everyone i’d ever known. gone. dissolved. disaappeared. i would never see any of these beautiful, connected lives, ever ever again. I was on my own now. the threads were snapped. the world, as i knew it, had come to an end.

by Mary on 08.16.2011
  11. It unravelled in her hands when she took it. Spindly, like a spiders web, pulling apart between her nails. The thread had woven itself around her heart so tightly, she didnt know where to begin. But, really, she had to try.

If rocks had rivers that flowed like water, this is what my heart would beat like.

by Cass on 08.16.2011
  12. Surely my life hangs by more than a thread. What holds it together? Love, trust, faith? No. Something more. Some essence I cannot fathom, no matter how hard I may try. Or perhaps my life does hang by just a thread. In which case, if it be so delicate, I better make the most of it.

by Elsa Pea on 08.16.2011
  13. I always find loose threads on my floor and its so irritating.
    I wish they would disappear. I don’t know much about them..what’s a thread count? Ugh

by Ilana on 08.16.2011
  14. “Interesting that you would think that. I haven’t told anyone yet, but you have almost guessed.” I was stitching the loose threads into the back of the embroidery when Thomas came to talk to me. He had never done that before, and I wondered what he wanted.
    “If I could help in any way, please ask,” he said. “It can be a difficult time with no-one to support you.”
    “Are you willing to be my champion and lead the charge?” I asked. People like to make offers, but put them on the spot and they will gather up their skirts and run to the hills. er no illusions about the help he would provide. I wanted him out in front of me at all times.
    “I will help in any way I can,” he said, eyeing the door. This domestic scene was becoming dangerous. A tackful retreat seemed appropriate.

15. Pieces of string strung together so neat and perfectly. How do they get those tiny pieces of string together like that anyway? I wonder how they did it back in the day actually, its gotta be a little easier with machines now. But it must have been really hard back then. How much profit could they make for all that work and like 99 cents a roll. I wouldnt want to be in that business.

by dylann on 08.16.2011
  16. is what holds us together. it will break. you dont know when. neither do i. we wait. we sit. we watch. it stays the same. never thinner never thicker. just a thread.

by Aarica on 08.16.2011
  17. The thread twisted it’s way around my finger, embedding itself into the very fiber of my being. The thread became me and before I knew it, it was all I could feel. It dug it’s way in and refused to leave. Never ceasing, always growing in size. The thread was a cancer. I sickening piece of loathsome fabric that refused to let go of me in the same way that I refused to let go of it.

by Emily on 08.16.2011
  18. A thread is something that can essentially keep situations/people/inanimate objects together. It is something that can hold conversations, possibly allowing others in something bigger than themselves.

by Mihaela on 08.16.2011
  19. the thread of lies had been spun like a spider spinning it’s web; it wouldn’t be long before it all came out and Jessica had a feeling that it was soon to be over. She picked up her phone and sighed, it was going to be a long day

by Veronica on 08.16.2011
  20. Pull this little loose thread from my collar and I will wither to the ground. I am nothing now but a shell; a costume for the world to look upon and assume what they will of the nothingness inside. The costume is very pretty, some may even think they love it, but it is only held together by a thread and, like I already said, it is hollow inside.

by l on 08.16.2011
  21. thread the needle and loop in through the fabric, sew and stitch and stitch and sew. make things new. it’s easy as pie.

by Indiana on 08.16.2011
  22. my life, composed of
    little bits of cotton holding all together
    or snippets of other people’s thoughts
    in a web
    of deceit

by Matt Cummins on 08.16.2011
  23. i thread the needle in hopes that i could mend our relationship and i cried the whole time but i had hope you gave me hope and thats all i needed was just a little spec of something to tell me you were coming back i thread and thread till i thought you were coming back

by angela on 08.16.2011
  24. the unraveling of time, black, yellow, red, blue, my thoughts unravel from you. I try to keep them contained, but off they go spinning down and out again. and rolling out the door a color I will see no more.

by Corinne Gannon on 08.16.2011
  25. the thread dangled from my shirt. i couldn’t get it off. it refused to cut, and i couldn’t pull it off. it just…hung there. i couldn’t figure out what was wrong. i couldn’t figure out why i couldn’t fix it. i couldn’t fix a lot of things lately, it seemed. i was almost invisible. or a ghost. nobody seemed to notice me. i couldn’t fix anything, and nobody noticed me. i might as well have been dead. i was dead to myself, at the very least. i didn’t care what happened to me.

by erin on 08.16.2011
  26. there’s a long thread i found on the floor. it must’ve been my son who decided it was some sort of rope of something. i picked it up and decided to toss it away. suddenly, my son came into the room and started yelling for the thread. i told him that i threw it away.

by joozs on 08.16.2011
  27. my heart got tore to pieces and now the remaining piece is simply hanging by a thread. You could help me saw it back on or use those scissors in your hand and finsih me off.

by Denise on 08.16.2011
  28. a red thread connecting everything from the beginning from the peel on eve’s apple to the drops of blood when they nailed his hands to the cross to the blood that will pool at armageddon.

by kate on 08.16.2011
  29. http://oneword.com/entry-forma needle pulling through the fabric, whats the fabric from? Millions of the pulled, taut, pieces pieced together by the smaller yet, pulled taut pieces. Placed pleasantly on to appease a macro level perspective

by Alexis on 08.16.2011
  30. Just like all good things in life, threads are never given much attention, when it is actually the core of every good fabric there is. Office life is exactly like that — no matter how strong of a thread I am, or how beautiful, I am still unnoticeable in the grand scheme of things.

by Kat Labrador on 08.16.2011
  31. there is thread everywhere in all things that you wear mostly and sometimes people say thread to mean someone is pulling two things together like threading something into a story there are six letters in the word and backwards it is daerht i have a gift for saying words backwards so anyways see ya.

by Harry Bonnett on 08.16.2011
  32. something you can use to piece together , life, maybe just clothes, who knows i dont what am i even saying. i just know that thread can give stability, closure (quite literally) who knows what else. maybe we depend on it or maybe we are the ones who give it purpose. without our looseness what would it piece together. Thread, after all is soo small but indeed it can do a lot. its very strong and supports many different things at once. Huh its funny that one piece of thread can actually travel up and down and around one entire piece of material.

by Jessie on 08.16.2011
  33. is one of teh things i like to use when i have nothing else or important to do, because is very long and you can make many different things with it, is very strechy and very colorfull

by columba on 08.16.2011
  34. i sew with it. it creates things. mother of much. will be there for all, and go through all it needs to. wont talk back. knows who it is.
    handler.

by Elizabeth! on 08.16.2011
  35. Squinting, I pull the fuzzy stuff through the eye of the needle, pulling it taut just to make sure I made it through. The red stuff twines together like so much hair, but frizzes too, as if that same braid had met with some violent wind.

by Ashley on 08.16.2011
  36. thread is the make up of things. thread is the trees of the forest. thread is the integrity of the final product. variations of thread can greatly vary the outcome. thread can make or break something. thread is the building blocks

by kendra on 08.16.2011
  37. like on the internet? people talk about random shit. or when you’re sewing and it’s such a pain to get that LITTLE thing through that LITTLE hole, but, you feel so accomplished when you do. or when there’s a loose thread on your clothes and you end up pulling out wayyy more than you wanted to…

by Devy on 08.15.2011
  38. the thread broke. their love was gone. delicate as always, repair was out of the question. what had happened could not be fixed, and their love would never be whole again. She looked down at the broken strand with forlorn. Then again, the thread will always end somewhere: new

by Ainsley Blattel on 08.15.2011
  39. Sewing is really hard in my case, especially trying to thread the string through the needle. I wish I knew how to work a sewing machine so i don’t have to deal with that devilish thread.

by Sophia on 08.15.2011
  40. My life is threaded together by the moments I have entwined myself in. I am as whole as the yarn which I keep my memories in. When I die, my story will be un-threaded.

by Ariele Blayne on 08.15.2011