thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. According to Japanese superstition, you are connected to your soulmate by this red thread called destiny. It’s attached to your pinkies as a promise to one day meet. I hope we’re connected by that thread. That would be nice, wouldn’t it?

2. My soul hangs on by a thread
    I’m a Recession woman, a 21st century woman
    I took a recess from my life
    I’m in a dead end job
    Pays the bills of a lost ambition
    The tears of an empty womb
    I disseminate my identity in my clothing
    Her hoodie, her spartans
    I escape into words
    Into fantasy worlds
    Log online: UsernameLMK
    Who cares who I am?
    I don’t know either.

I stopped pretending to like football
    You stopped pretending you care what’s in my soul
    Make my heartbeat race again
    The say “trapped in a loveless marriage”
    I got love; I settled for dramaless
    Forget the fears makes you feel the joys
    And the tears makes you feel the laughs

3. I pull my thread through the fabric and it makes a beautiful picture. many colors Fill the page. Colors of blue, green, purple, and pink. It’s the most pretty picture I’ve made.

by Amy Stechauner on 08.15.2011
  4. there was a single red thread and it began to twist and turn through the organism. how could it be removed, only through a careful loosening of the tensions, through a creating of space around the twisting turning pattern, would there be a way to extract it eventually.

by Valerahaha on 08.15.2011
  5. fiddled into. stretched about his very fine ones; hanging all about, much like drying macaroni, it lead to all kinds of other things. this is the power of the thread. large dinosaurs invented it to keep the history moving along nicely, but someone, somewhere, moved a piece one time, and now all connections are lost, moving in chaotic sweeves.

by michael on 08.15.2011
  6. The thread of the dress’s hem hunt loose, catching on a nearby rock she brushed up against. She madly tugged at the dress, making the thread become longer, but she didn’t care. All she needed to do was get away.
    And the mountains were her only escape route.

by Lassie on 08.15.2011
  7. a string of ideas or perhaps something to sew with. it which case it can be any color you want in any thickness that you need as it relates to the job of sewing something open, shut, or otherwise. Threads can also be weaved together to make fabrics and textiles. it can be almost anything you want it to be. a remarkable creation.

by Deborah on 08.15.2011
  8. when i sew with a needle and thread, life makes since. im not sure why. maybe it is because i am connecting things, something i can never do with my own life.

by Taylor on 08.15.2011
  9. This word reminds me of the many pet sites I’ve played through my time on the internet. I am a moderator on Vmons.com’s threads which is pretty neat, I’ve always wanted to be a moderator on a pet site. Threads are interesting places to get new ideas from as well. Asking questions is easy too.

by RaeRae on 08.15.2011
  10. Threads are the ties that bind. Though threads are weak individually, together, they are strong.

by Shannon on 08.15.2011
  11. fb threads our conversations on and on forever. you would have thought that i would have learned long ago to not put things you dont want others to read in writing. looks like maybe ill never learn. is it to much to ask that my thought whether on paper or other wise remain my private thoughts. or maybe the best way to keep it hidden is to post it for all the world to see. just right out in the middle of cyber space mixed in with all the random useless shit no one ever cares about. probably then id be safe.

by Whitney on 08.15.2011
  12. I pulled the thread through the needle—this was harder than i thought it would be. I just wanted to make a dress and of course mother dearest was too busy to help me. I wasn’t sure what i was making, but it certainly wasn’t a dress. More like a wump of fabric.

13. I took my mind off of everything else, only for a moment, and then began writing on a thread. This thread you ask, what is it for? I say it’s for more, more thoughts and words and everything untold; it has no start, and no end, but it just goes for more and more and more. In these last moments, I know that I did not start the thread, but visited.

by Jon on 08.15.2011
  14. thread is used to sew items together, a thread can also be a word for something similar to a webpage. ‘Threads’ is also slang for clothes, I also know a club night by the name of ‘Threads’

by Imogen on 08.15.2011
  15. He often got into fights in those silly internet threads. Like a little boy who was looking for some kind of revelation it it’s work. To win, means to prove yourself you’ve worth of something. He got up, looking all high and decided to do something today. As he was doing that, he saw the a thread hanging from the ceiling.

16. needle, sewing, fit through something, needle & thread, text message conversation.

by Katie on 08.15.2011
  17. this is really soft and usually used it to make bracelet.its hard to put in a needle because it is so thin and weird. the pink one is nice and yet i use it to hold up my earrings.

by karen mateus-leon on 08.15.2011
  18. Miedo, hacer las cosas que uno quiere porque quiere, no porque siente la presión de otra persona.
    ¿Quién puede decir qué tengo que hacer y cómo debo hacerlo?
    nadie sabe mejor que yo esas cosas. Ojalá nunca me sienta amenazada. Es una violación a mi ser.

by vale on 08.15.2011
  19. thread is pretty cool…. it comes in all kinds of colors… you can knit wit it, sew with it, tie it, make arts and crafts with it… it’s a very good tool to utilize daily! thread is pretty great! :) you can hang stuff with it too! :) i love thread, thread loves me.

by Ashley on 08.15.2011
  20. A needle pulling thread in the fabric of life. All the individuals working together to create the whole; one giant piece of art created by a million unique individuals to make something beautiful.

by Amber Chaplin on 08.15.2011
  21. Threads are what keep the world together. Threads are very thin, but just the fact that they are present at all is really what unites a piece of fabric. People everywhere are connected by these very thin threads. Sometimes they don’t see them and sometimes they do, but when they do, it is magical.

by Shannon on 08.15.2011
  22. The thread from the sweater trailed down the street.
    Winding around corners and shops and people.
    The thread continued all the way to a small brick apartment
    It continued up the stairs and through the halls to apartment

23. the girl’s cackling could be heard echoing off the stone prison she resided in. all she could do was sit and weave threads. not just ordinary threads, threads that connect lovers. she used to be happy. so so so happy with her lover until—

snip.

her thread’s been severed already. she’s bitter now.

by camcam on 08.15.2011
  24. thread of string string is used to sew i like sew up my stuffed animal dog buddy i miss buddy dearly my boyfriend jake has budy and miss jake very much it is jakes birthday today he is turning 17 i turn 18 in september on the 16th and i’ll be moving down to hattieburgs.

by Ashley on 08.15.2011
  25. bobbin threaded and hands moving. I remember when I learned what a bobbin was, how I loved the word (bob bob bobbin along, sewing away, making something new, something old repaired or made new) and when I learned to sew… the thread that machine and to take it apart, to put it back together and make it work. I made clothes and quilts and books and purses and they all reminded me of my grandmother, who rocked.

by Betsy on 08.15.2011
  26. thread, a rather simple concept really, string is a gathering of thread, the threads gather as a group of children would gather for snack or nap time…

by Josh on 08.15.2011
  27. i think in threads like a big spiderweb of thoughts and feelings all jumbeled up together. but if you can untangle them you end up with one little thread having to do whatever it is we were just talking about.

by marygrace on 08.15.2011
  28. nights spend playing candyland, when it became too cold (too dark too soon) for the playround; candlesticks on the ground, a box of cards and some lighters for after-dinner cigars, these things that you said might thread the family together, now, in the trunk of a car on loan, you’re eating at someone else’s kitchen table from now on.

29. A single thread of string dangled from the hem of her skirt as she sat, legs crossed, in a green metal chair eating lunch on the porch of her favorite local diner, “Dalmatian’s.”

30. threads follow on one from the other, a linked line that leads from alpha to omga In the begining the golden thread starts to be woven the blind norns weave and cut weave and cut and the thread is mixed and dyed and sent on its way.

by Jon Freeman on 08.15.2011
  31. The thread of life
    is very light
    which can break any time
    with a scissor or a knife

(part of a poem i learned a long time ago)

lalalalallalalala cant think of anything else

by Sheridan on 08.15.2011
  32. I like thread.
    I use it when I cross stitch, or when I’m sewing.
    It’s so very useful.
    I love all the colors thread comes in.
    I wish I had a tread factory!
    It would be filled with beauty and I would have every color ever.

by Mary C. on 08.15.2011
  33. a piece of thread pulled tight around her wrist. the colour of blood; of sunsets; of things ending. she pulls at it, hoping it will break. but she is just a puppet; no strength; no feeling.

by Courtknee on 08.15.2011
  34. A piece of thread blows in the air coming off the fan, as it dangles off the edge of Mrs. Henderson’s sewing table. It’s a blue thread. Mrs. Henderson was sewing a blue dress for her niece, Jenny. Blue is Jenny’s favorite color. And not just any blue, no. It was the precise blue of the sky. The sky just after it had stormed and begun getting nice again.

by Laura on 08.15.2011
  35. you use thread to sew things its useful to tie things and fun to play around with. It can be many colours and many sizes and length. Similar to string. ‘lose thread’

by olivia on 08.15.2011
  36. Recently Ive started using thread to make bracelets. For some reason Ive been feeling pretty crafty lately. Maybe Crafts are my therapy or something? I do have a lot of crap going on in my life. Well thread is therapy. How splendid.

by Jane on 08.15.2011
  37. Thread flows in an out of any ordinary sweater. You look at the sweater and some marvel at it’s beauty, but does anyone ever ask about the thread? How it was made? Where it came from. Weaving in an out the thread has no end.

by Maria on 08.15.2011
  38. clothes. i need to go get some new clothes for college. i dont want everyone thinking im just some gross same clothes wearing girl. i think i’ll go to forever 21 or charlotte russe. maybe even rue 21 since i have that coupon. I want some casual clothes that I can easily throw on in the morning but still look good.

by alex on 08.15.2011
  39. the words that hold us together, binding… they thread themselves through my mind; who am I to stop their flow? I must let them out, I must release them, let the spool fall and drop these sentences into the abyss, unraveling as they go, sewing together the silence…

40. t h r e a d, string sewing skirts and shirts, knitting, Mrs. Walker, knitting class in 4th grade, the Halloween dresses mom made me. my cat for absolutely no reason at all.

by Sheridan on 08.15.2011