thread

August 15th, 2011 | 985 Entries

Yo yo yo, the oneword™ podcast is back for Season 3.
click here to join in!

985 Entries for “thread”

1. It’s like my whole life is being threaded together by one big string. I want to break the thread and decide for myself where I’ll be sewn. And if I’ll be sewn.

2. okay. so I had a shirt with a thread coming off of it. It was terribly annoying, and I couldn’t even rip it off. I tried to pull at it, but it didn’t really do anything. I didn’t have any scissors on me either. I attempted to cut it with my car keys, but no luck. Alas, someone standing close had a pocket knife, and that certainly did the job. The end.

by Kit on 08.15.2011
  3. i feel like im hanging on a thin thread just waiting for him to either pull me up or cut me off .thread may be the bond between us but it mightnt be strong enough. Its a horrible feeling , to be hanging by a thread.

4. “I’m hanging onto my last thread, but at least it’s my favorite color.” I believe- for although you may be on your last moment, at least it is the best moment, or your favorite. I do beleive, however, I will have none of this.

(written from a random persons POV)

by Jasmine White on 08.15.2011
  5. Threads that keep swatches of clothing together, never allowing me to be bare. Memories threaded in my brain, will never allow me to be ignorant.

6. This thread was no ordinary thread. It was the thread of my dreams. I’d always thought about it, because it simply was not explainable in words. The only way I could describe it would be to say “yes”.

by William Koontz on 08.15.2011
  7. Thread is for sewing. You can sew together pieces of fabric that need fixing, like a child’s teddy bear, or the seam that ripped on your favorite sweater.

by Hannah on 08.15.2011
  8. needle
    blue
    sewing
    facebook
    hanging
    wool
    cotton
    knitting
    threading

9. Thread. When I think of thread I think of clothing and how it interconnects it all. A thread is one item but is super long, with so much too it. Some times threads are faded or broken, but they still allow so much to happen and occur through their simplicity.

by erik on 08.15.2011
  10. Sew, a needle pulling. I guess. I’ve never done it myself. I mean, I tried to make a teddy bear myself once. Turned out pretty badly though, it was all lopsided and almost a bit ugly. I loved it though, with all its flaws and ridiculous blue patterned cloth.

by Grace Shaw on 08.15.2011
  11. She reached across his chest and pulled off the small string from his shoulder. Then her hand returned to it’s place next to his.

12. cut the thread that connects you to your haunting past
    full of regret
    that you pretend you don’t regret
    but take as a good thing
    that helped you grow
    which it did
    don’t get me wrong
    but it doesn’t make it hurt any less
    it doesn’t make it less real and current
    and it doesn’t make you not think
    what if i
    or what if i didn’t…

13. a thread of words strung in my mind just waited to be spoken and heard by fellow ears and hearts. thread friendships together & love will thread itself into your heart.

by brittneydaoust@live.com on 08.15.2011
  14. It feels like a mystery that you can follow, the first clue in a series and a little path to lead you in the right direction, but very feeble. You need to do most of the work, really. And it’s tricky and nifty to hold or control.

by Georgie on 08.15.2011
  15. like a needle pulling thread, you take my hand. My brain tears off in little threads, splintering into thoughts. A spider’s work.

by Rebecca on 08.15.2011
  16. a string used to hold things together. hanging by a thread, things fall apart. Threads don’t work very well, generally speaking, because I always find myself being held up by one lonely thread… How many threads do you think there were to begin with? Wonder if it will break.

by Phoenix on 08.15.2011
  17. I watched as she thread the needle. Her shaking heads lead the tip of the coarse blue wool through the head of the needle. She gets it on the fourth try. Not bad. She laughs and tells the story of Jesus and the camel and the eye of a needle. She leans back and moves her fabric into place. From here on she barley wastes a moment watching the way her hands move. On there own accord, they slip into a stead rhythm. A knit. A Purl. Her hands and their memories. Meanwhile she leans her head against the old lazy boy. She tells me about the women at church. They are making afghans for the Afghans or something else as politically uncomfortable. She chose to make hers with neon yarn. She wants to brighten up their day, she tells me.

by Steff on 08.15.2011
  18. “OH MY GOSH!” said Hamlet. “Did you see how huge that butterfly was?”
    “Seriously?” Horatio said. “You’re all philosophical-deep-speech, and then look-at-the-pretty-bug? Honestly, your attention hangs by a thread.”

19. “Oh no!” I cried. “There’s a thread hanging off of my shirt!” I then pondered about how to get it off. Should I just rip it? Or look for scissors? I finally decided to look for scissors.

by Silee on 08.15.2011
  20. i looked at my lovely new sheets. the thread was gorgeous.

by jamie on 08.15.2011
  21. when you need this thread you can use it to sew the fabric of this universe together, It can withstand so much, fire, ice and everything you throw at it. Tailors would kill to have even a centimeter of this thread to make their clothes with.

by IC_NiJuShi on 08.15.2011
  22. internet communities, eligible immunities, it doesn’t matter what you post, see it wont ever turn a new screen.

by gerald on 08.15.2011
  23. A tiny thread could be your downfall. I couldn’t have known my fathers wishes until that day. The day he told me that. The day he told me about the thread.

by Ginger Nelson on 08.15.2011
  24. I already wrote about this word. I want to write about another word. Blah blah blah blah blah. Thread is colorful. I don’t like sewing though. It seems like too much. I’d rather buy clothes that use child labor like other Americans.

by AmyAmy on 08.15.2011
  25. Thread and needle comes to mind. Also for some reason, stitches. And particularly home-fashioned DIY stitches. I just read a story about a woman who was in prison in Argentina and when she gave birth there, she pierced the baby’s ear with a blue thread in the hopes of recognizing it in an orphanage when/if she was released.

by Sarah on 08.15.2011
  26. it goes through all your fabric and you think thread after thread after thread and its like it never gets old, it just keeps going through every piece of fabric you see in your house. its like an ongoing process that weaves throughout your life like problems. they seem never to stop but only continue and make greater issues as they go.

by alisa gabuniya on 08.15.2011
  27. Threads, thin, weak, breakable. Like us when we are alone. But threads can be strong when they are reinforced. We are stronger together.

by Amy on 08.15.2011
  28. I help my dad sew. When he needs help I help him sew patches onto my girl scout vest. Thread is like string and that is what we use to sew. There are many different colors. They range from black to white, pink to purple what ever color you want. You’ll find it.

by anchor on 08.15.2011
  29. Thread is used to sew clothing like jeans, sweaters, and shirts. Thread comes in many colors like red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple and all shades in between. Thread reminds me of my grandmother because she likes arts and crafts. Thread is thin and long and useful in many ways. I like thread.

by Amy on 08.15.2011
  30. the thread on a needle is not but one point in a series of points, whereas it can create a masterpiece of interweaving, clothlike beauty while still retaining its simplicity.

by Thomas on 08.15.2011
  31. you can use thread when you sew clothes, bags, pillows, etc. It is a very useful thing to have if you know how to stitch, sew or anything of that type. All useful talents. Thread comes in all different lengths and colors.

by Morgan on 08.15.2011
  32. needle clothes sew colors fix patch garmet ive been the needle and the thread figure eights in circles round your head

by brenda on 08.15.2011
  33. Thread. It’s what holds us together. It keeps our clothes from unraveling. It’s also that invisible bond between us and our loved ones. Without that “thread,” we would really be alone.

But thread is also that mythological story where there’s those three sisters that can easily snip our threads and end our lives–just like that.

by Marissa on 08.15.2011
  34. thread is what is used to make clothes. thread is used to make flags that show our patriotism. thread is something that is common among a group such as people.

by jeff on 08.15.2011
  35. the thread is the life line of our existance; one wrong move and the thread breaks, life is precious.

by Alicia on 08.15.2011
  36. Thread by thread, piece by piece my grandmothers little patch of yarn would slowly turned into a large comfy quilt, or a curtain always with a little lace included which would give the invention a beautiful personality.

37. There’s a thread that ties me to something or someone, but I don’t know what is yet. I try to follow it to see where it leads, and all it leads me to is a mirror. That leads right back to my chest. I look at it and I’m like, woah, how did I know feel that before?

38. There is a thread that connects to the people all around us. You may not able to see it first, but it is always there. It takes the invisible form, and it connects us. We only discovers it, when we recognizes our own shadow in each other’s eyes

by Wendy on 08.15.2011
  39. thread counts on sheets are really important. they help you be more comfortable at night. the higher the thread count, the more comfortable the sheets. in hotels and other places like that, the thread counts are really low. like 150. that’s why you don’t sleep very well.

by Kaitlin on 08.15.2011
  40. A long piece of useful string that has become intertwined with everything around us and is ultimately inescapable, a strangling length of yarn with the power to change all the fabrics of this universe until cut with a sharp strong pair of scissors found in the bottom drawer of your mothers sewing cabinet. A useful place full of bits and bobs.

by Joanna Childs on 08.15.2011